Friday, August 28, 2009

Movie Trailers #4: Quick Hits

Despite my best efforts, there's still a lot of trailers I haven't covered out there.  Fortunately, there's not much to say about most of them.  Because there's a bunch of them and not much to say, I'm not going to embed these ones - instead I'll link them.  Now without further ado...

Toy Story Double Feature:  In preparation for Toy Story 3, Pixar is re-releasing the first two installments in this franchise... IN 3D!  Actually, the 3D part is not cool.  I hate having to wear those silly glasses.  Whatever, these movies were great the first time around.  Toy Story marked the move into modern animation instead of classic Disney animation, and at the same time it was one of the best kids movies I've ever seen.  I'm biased, though, since I grew up on the stuff.  Then #2 came out and didn't suck, a feat which I'm very impressed by.  So yeah.  If you're into Pixar movies and don't mind the 3D gimmick, head out to this one.  It's only going to be around for 2 weeks in October.

Legion:   Yeah, bitches!  Let's blow some shit up!  WOOOOO KILLIN ANGELS

When In Rome:  Yeah, bitches!  Shitty romantic comedies starring Sarah Marshall!  That's her name, you know.  Sarah Marshall.

Tron:  LegacyTron has The Dude in it?  That's the movie I want to see; fuck Tron.  I want to see Tron set at a bowling alley.  I want to see The Dude just out for a bike ride when some asshole cuts him off and ruins his day.  Yeah.  I've never seen Tron, so I have no reason to fan-boy out about this movie.  Thus to me, it just looks like another bad movie about an animation team having way too much fun for their own good.  Er, I mean, another bad action movie.

Law Abiding Citizen:  Ew.  I hate torture movies, and I hate "bad things happen to good people for no reason" movies.  Okay, I hate the torture movies, and I hate the kind of "bad things good people" movies that only use that motif to set up the torture parts of the movie.  This looks like a good example.

The Twilight Saga:  New Moon:  Hahahaha no.

Whiteout:  This looks like a great one shot RPG where everyone dies at the end.  Maybe I'll run something like that in a few years for ERPL.  Looks good enough to go see with Danl and not as bad as the premise would have me believe.

I just found this preview for a movie called Inception, but I think I could write a whole post on that preview alone.  So I will in a couple days.  Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment